Student Welfare Cell
Student Welfare Cell provides an ideal platform for students to participate in Co-Curricular and Extracurricular activities. Co-curricular and Extra-curricular activities at Government College of Engineering Nagpur provide a platform for students to hone their leadership, interpersonal, intrapersonal and team skills with strong ethics and enhance their physical fitness too as a significant part of a student’s overall development
Duties and Responsibilities:
This cell is committed to student well being and betterment under the leadership of Dean (Student Welfare) Dr.Kiran Tajne Asutkar. It strives for the all round development of the students in all spheres of life through counselling & various other student-oriented programs.
College Student’s Council academic year 2022-23
Name of Folio
Dean, Student Welfare Cell
Dr. K. G. Asutkar
Technical Activity Coordiantor
Dr. S. A. Tekade
Sports Activity Coordinator
Prof. S. R. Wagh
Cultural Activity Coordinator
Prof. R. M. Sahare
ETC 4th Year
ME 3rd year
CE 3rd year
CE 3rd year
EE 3rd year
ME 2rd year
CE 3rd year
Ladies Representative (Day Scholar)
CSE 2nd year
Ladies Representative (Hostel)
ME 3rd year
Technical Head (Gymkhana)
CSE 2nd year
ETC 2nd year
The student’s extra-curricular and co-curricular activities form a very important supportive framework in shaping a student’s career. Considering the entire professional course, a lot of commitment, dedication along with a receptive and active mindset is needed. For this, we need tangible and rational student curricular which would enhance and enrich an overall student’s productivity and professional outcome.
The extra-curricular as well as the co-curricular activities can be planned by making concepts of the student club. The student clubs are of various genres and the students join these clubs without any concept of selection or forced participation. Rather the students are well aware of the genres and they join them depending on their interests and hobbies so that they can make the best use of the club, add more ideas into it and weave out a new concept for that club.
We, at Government College of Engineering Nagpur, ask for voluntary participation from students and their commitment. The students come forth with their individual interests in various genres and express their willingness to share long term responsibility of that particular club, sort of ownership as well as mentorship to the newly interested students from the upcoming professional years.
In addition to clubs & cells, we have separate units for NCC & NSS
List of the Clubs:-
1) Astronomy Club
2) Automotive development club
3) Robotics club
4) Drone club
5) Coding & Language club
6) Google Developer students club
7) Hobby & Music Club
8) Trishakti Cell
9) Virina Cell
Department Students Associations are formed under which lot of technical and non- technical activities are organised throughout the year in each department.
Three major events are organized under Students Welfare Cell
1) Annual Social Gathering “ORANZ”
2) National Technical Festival “ADHYAAYA”
3) Sports event “SFOORTI”
List of Events Conducted every year:
Brief report about Gymkhana in the year 2021-22.
In year 2021-22, the sports equipments of almost Rs. 50000 were purchased.
Also Rs. 2,60,000 have been spent on ground preparation, sound system and club activities.
Ground Area:- 4.84 Acres
Indoor Game:- Chess, Table Tennis, Carom, Power Lifting
Outdoor Game:- Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Vollyball, Football, Cricket, Lawn Tennis, Archery, Running, Wrestling, Basketball, Swimming, Handball, Hockey, Tug of War, Boxing, Malkhamb, Judo Karate, Shooting
Student Achievement in Sports Activity (2021-22)
1) Snehal sunil joshi, 1st year mechanical won gold in triathlon organized by indian triathlon federation & now selected to represent india in world triathlon cup in nepal
2) Prerit jagdish mathurkar, 1st year & mechanical participated in 100m running & 4×100 m baton relay organised rtmnu
3) Tanmay sandeep pasalkar, 1st year ; mechanical, participated in all india yachting regatta 2021 cbse nationals (athletics) maharashtra jr. State athletics & won many times in athletics in district level and also badminton, cycling, sailing as competition
4) Prachi vinod kirpane, mechanical engineering (final year) participated in kho kho at university level
5) Pranay ramdas athmande, 1st and electrical participated in cricket and kabaddi at university level
6) Om shivankar, 1yr got state level certificate in handball.
7) Unnati manojkumar chauhan, final year mechanical engineering, all india inter university archery championship 2021-22 chandigarh university at state level
8) Wasiem ahmad dar, 4th mechanical participated in cricket at universit
9) Anish behere, 1st year entc, participated in gymnastics khel gaon public school prayagraj at national level
10) Nishant patle, 1st year ETC BRANCH, participated in Vollyball organized y Garuda welfare